Contact me today for your FREE
15-minute Skype consultation.

Free Consultation

I’ve just had my mum over to stay as I was looking after my daughter for a week. One morning my mum bought some new children’s toothpaste as we had ran out. I’ve got it here in front of me, it’s called Smarty Pants Softmint Toothpaste & has a picture of Lisa Simpson on it…it’s also approved by the British Dental Health Foundation (BMDA).

My problem is this; I can sort of accept that flouride in toothpaste makes sense…if we’re only looking at the dental benefits. However ingesting flouride is not a very sensible thing to do, it is an incredibly toxic substance. In my opinion the risk does not outweigh the benefits in an adult. But to put flouride in a children’s toothpaste for their milk teeth?! This is the height of madness….the teeth aren’t permanent! Aside from this, children always swallow toothpaste, so they’ll be ingesting levels of flouride that an adult perhaps wouldn’t.

I’m going to write to this BMDA & see what their explanation is.

Alan